It’s another list kind of day – although, with WorkFlowy, every day is a list kind of day for me. But that’s not the point.
The point is, this weekend was rather crazy and full of adventures (the train, “helping” cousins pack for move, drinks and shuffleboard at a Portland bar, breakfast at 2am… or was it 1am? We fell back that night.) Apparently I know how to digress really well today. Also not the point.
Okay okay, the real point: I didn’t plan for today’s blog. Again. There was an idea of posting pictures, which I will get around to, but it shan’t be now. Instead, I’m going to make a bullet list similar to last Friday. Creativity will be for later in the week.
- Today is Election Day in the United States. I voted for the races/referendums/initiatives I deemed important. Did you?
- Cullen is sick with a cold/flu bug. I don’t want it, but I’ll probably have it by the time I post on Friday. Damn.
- I didn’t write much this past weekend, although the plan to do so was there. However, lots of thoughts were thunk on the train while we waited 90+ minutes for some power lines to be cleared from the tracks. Mostly thoughts about the book, but some about other types of writing too.
- I got more hours at work for the next week (while most people are gone to the trade show), possibly permanently. Yay 40hrs/week!
- Cullen and I bought a PS3 in Portland (no sales tax in OR!) so we can finally watch blu-ray movies and play new games. We also got the new Need For Speed for XBox. I’m already a little addicted. At least we know we don’t have to do Christmas gifts for each other. Awesome.
- We’re going to the UW v Utah football game this weekend, courtesy of my parents’ season tickets… thanks Mom and Dad!
- I’ve got something strange and wonderful planned for Friday’s post, but I’m not giving any hints.